Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Did it all Really Happen??


you know how sometimes, when you go on a complicated trip – one that has connecting flights, rental car, unfamiliar territory, lots of different people to see, different beds to sleep in every night, schedules to negotiate, etc, etc, it can get a little, well…. hairy??  and when you tell your friends back home about it you pick out the glowing highlights and avoid those less-than-perfect hairy details?? or maybe turn them into humorous after-the-fact horror stories?? 


well….. this, my friends, was not that trip.  i have had those trips many times in my life, so i know the drill.  if you’re wondering which way this is going to go, let me ease the suspense.


                            

i think perhaps it was the combination of finding that i still had an instant connection with friends who i had not seen in 40 years and spending some fun and meaningful quality time with my wonderful family, all interspersed with the colorful and unique fabulousness that is artprize that made it so magical.  throw in the crisp fall colors and (mostly) blue skies of michigan and, somehow things just fell together in an utterly unique and amazing way.







my heart is full.  i am still processing and "digesting" each experience as my friend vivienne has suggested.  so much happened in such a short time that i am just a tad stunned and wondering if it all actually took place.....i look forward to sharing more details with you as they crystallize and become clearer to me in the days ahead.  sweet, sweet memories.



6 comments:

  1. i have been to michigan once traveling through to canada. such beautiful sky. it feels like you can reach up and touch it. so glad you had a fab time. its funny how things seem so complicated (travel itineraries, etc...) and then everything seems to go so smoothly and the experiences overshadow the logistics of getting there.

    i can't wait to hear more about the artprize. gonna go to the link now and check it out.

    can't wait till next month. it is quickly approaching. i remember close to this time last year we were celebrating your birthday with some wine and good food.

    all my love,
    mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo happy for your Patty -- can't wait to hear the details. I know exactly of which you speak - and it is magical when everything falls together. I do believe it is part of our growth. Welcome home my dear lady -- look forward to your wonderful posts to come. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, welcome back home. I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this made me smile from ear to ear! I cannot wait to hear all about it. Loving you dear patty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear it! And I am happy at the thought that I will see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow - can't wait to hear the details...love the rainbows in your photos too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!