Tuesday, May 31, 2011

MAY (revisited)



in realizing it is, yes, the very last day of MAY,  i was reminded that last year on this day i wrote a little poem and shared it with you.  i thought it might be fun to re-share since so many of you are new, and….. well, it’s a good reminder and i seem to need a lot of those.  so here it is, followed by a few more highlights from the taos trip, which occurred during the month of MAY.

MAY

 i squeeze the handle of the sifter one more time
and the flour that was the month of may
drifts down into the bowl of my life
leaving its faint cloud of dust
lingering in the air.

as i wrap the memorial day flag
and stash it in its hiding place
until its next appointed showing
a thought tiptoes across my mind
a thought that asks
if i lived as fully as i could have
or if i settled for grape juice
when i could have had wine

the moment beckons me
to plunge beneath its depths
to move beyond a mere skimming of the surface
to sink….deeper…
into a reality where i have been a guest
but never a citizen
i release all that i know
simply let go
and for a brief instant
i feel the connection

Taos plaza



One of the neighboring villages

Taos Pueblo, still home to over 1200 Native Americans


Spring aspens



Looking down at my feet and the Rio Grande below

Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Angel Fire

Toast to good memories

Full moon rising

Sign to the meditation hut outside of the house we stayed in
 Thanks again for all of your kind words regarding my last post.  As I mentioned, I am working on a follow-up.  And thanks for visiting!!!

7 comments:

  1. wow such beautiful photos,, chancese are I will never see the country you are photographing and I just want you to know how much I'm enjoying this tour,, I love the murals on the village buildings,, the strange shaped monument for the soldiers is wonderful,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and your last post gave me so many thoughts that I wasn't able to make a just a comment. I beguine to write a mail, but I haven't finished it yet... Sometimes I think to much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs, beautiful words, beautiful soul. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same as above. I started to write a comment on your last post but decided that I needed to do some more thinking. Very interesting topic. I hope we can talk more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Taos photos...let's have our next ART retreat there! jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could so get behind that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just am visiting from your retinal perspectives comment. i loved your "last may's" poem! it could become a tradition for the holiday, because it has wisdom in it we need to remember. beautiful photography too. you girls are so talented. much appreciated! tj

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!