so last week i ranted a bit about some of the personal demons that were knocking on my door. wow – i guess i really struck a chord! so many heartfelt, thoughtful and compassionate comments. the over-riding sentiment?? you have all been there – i am not alone!
just knowing this speaks directly to my heart and makes everything a whole lot better…. but i want to go one step further. i reread all of the comments today and pulled out some of the juicy tidbits of wisdom that were shared. here are a few meaningful morsels, paraphrased just a bit:
- doing art is healing both for ourselves and others – it makes a difference.
- facing, acknowledging and writing about our demons is therapeutic and can clear the way for new thoughts and insights.
- the presence of our demons can be a good thing. it proves that we are growing and pushing forward. It helps us to clarify our goals and become stronger.
- being kind to ourselves is of utmost importance and helps us counsel the “child within” from an adult perspective.
- support is essential, as in surrounding ourselves with others who understand the struggle and will be there to bolster us up when necessary.
- focusing on the present and living in a way that emphasizes love and kindness day to day is more important than lofty ideals.
so there you have it friends: wisdom straight from YOU and shared so everyone can benefit. i love it! i want to wrap it up with a quote i saw today on andrea schroeder’s abcCreativity blog, which originated with SARK:
give your inner critic a new job to do!
sounds good to me!
Can't wait to see some of you tomorrow at Inner Gardening. Yea!!!