Thursday, March 25, 2010

JustBe Revisited


since it’s my chosen word(s) of the year and we are hurdling toward april, i thought it would be a good time for a little check-in to see if and how this choice is actually having an impact on my day-to-day life.

 i chose this word because, through reading and listening and experiencing, i am convinced of its power, but i’m not very good at it. i truly believe that life is not supposed to be about constant “doing”, fueled by constant thinking – you know, planning, analyzing, re-hashing, rehearsing, on and on and on….

 
well, sad to say, that pretty much describes the first 50 or so years of my life. those of you who are younger, congratulations for waking up at an early age! my brain gets muddled in thinking, falling into the “what if?” trap much more often than i would like.

i have to say though, that happily, yes, i am doing better! most days i remember quite often to take a deep breath and simply reside in the present moment. find the joy that is hidden there and remember that that is really all i have. (ok – not going to work every day has made this a lot easier!) the challenge for me is staying there. mostly, these are brief encounters, but hey, you have to start somewhere!


i find that these little moments of just being are so important to the creative journey. it’s like they create space – a little empty corner - in my busy brain that can then be filled with new inspiration or new ideas. i am loving this journey that we are all on together and learning so much from all of you!!

now….. inhale…….exhale……

7 comments:

  1. That's perfect! Even a little space makes room for something new. You make me wonder if I've been "being" enough.

    And oh, that spider web photo!!! You were definitely "being" in order to notice that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I think you're leaving tomorrow for your retreat?!

    I'm sure the experience will be wonderful. I hope it is everything you imagined and more. Enjoy it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I always say WOW. And, WOW again. You are certainly in the present moment when you are working with your camera. It shows. Your photographs are very special and hold energy and meaning, each and every one. The spider web is such an incredibly symbolic photograph. So delicate, yet so strong .. like our spirits. You are definitely moving forward big time. Checking in on your 'just being' is so great. I could meditate looking at your photograph of the web. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so important to just be in the moment, but never easy. I am on a constant journey to do this myself. To soak in what is around me right in the moment instead of jumping to something else, wishing for something else, and wanting to be somewhere else. There is great joy and beauty in being present for another human being. Nothing in the world can replace that.

    I am also enjoying being on this journey with others. It makes it such a magical experience and I have learned so much. It is incredible.

    Love you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you beautiful Patty!!!!

    sometimes we need to "just be"...but boy oh boy is that so much easier said than done!!!

    sending hugs
    xoxo
    k

    i also LOVE the pic of the spiderweb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos..I found you from Kolleens...Im working on being in the present as well...The Power of Now has helped me "Be Here Now"..as often as possible...its a journey alright...have a great weekend..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you justbe ing in my life has certainly changed it for the better. seeing your photos (remarkable) and reading your words lifts me up. thanks patty.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!