Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Walk at the Beach




it was the perfect day.
no crowds,
the sun just starting to burn off the morning clouds.

i took my portable chair
my camera, journal and coffee in a thermos.




i walked
i wrote
i looked
i listened

i stumbled upon something really awesome

the tiles in this table were created by local school kids
the table is super sturdy
it's not going anywhere
for generations to come

oh look, here's more tiles
this time it's a trash container


everywhere i looked there were more!
as you can see, some of the kids wrote messages on their tiles


that was my favorite part!


isn't it just the coolest thing??

6 comments:

  1. This is so cool. I love that you went out to the beach. The beach always brings me back to me. The sounds, the smells, the sites...and the sand. Oh I just love it between my toes.

    What beautiful works of art these school children created. "Art Heals" so very true. It does heal. What a great project for them to do and one that brings so much to those whose eyes gaze upon it. Even if it is only from a photograph.

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post today reminded me of just how unique each one of us are! All those tiles, and not one even remotely resembles another. Such a great day you had. So good for the the 'whole' of us ... body, mind and spirit. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mosaic tiles, Patty. The thing is to pay attention, notice the art everywhere. So enriching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I imagine it will bring lots of joy to everyone who sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this.....those tiles are so amazing and i love the sweet messages and maybe not so sweet messages (LEAVE ME ALONE!!!)...too cute!!!

    what a wonderful day you must have had and i am so happy you shared it with us!!!

    big hugs
    xoxoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti the children's table is wonderful. You capture such delightful glimpses of the water, sand, and sky

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!